Advantages with our plantation-grown teak
- It does not contribute to the destruction of the rainforest, but instead to the reforestation of former clearings.
- Everything is FSC-certified.
- There is no risk of mixing with natural teak since teak does not grow naturally in Panama.
- The whole chain from plantation to the customer is known, providing assurance to the customer.
- Teak plantations help to absorb carbon dioxide to thereby relieve global warming.
Whats’s the difference between our plantation-grown teak and the natural forests?
- It is the right choice from all social and environmental aspects.
- It is the same species, and thereby should provide (eller provides) the same features such as resistance to decay.
- There is a stability of supply, since logging is done in our own plantations.
- It provides local residents work, which prevents shifting cultivation.